Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Have You Seen My Glasses?

The environment you live in and work in is directly related to how much you get done everyday. It just makes sense that having a space that supports what you are trying to do helps you do more in less time. But sometimes we get so used to seeing things that we become blind to small change that could make a big difference.

With age, I have begun using cheap drugstore glasses for reading and other close-up work. Although I can see letters on the page, the glasses make everything more clear. I get more done in less time when I wear them. Sometimes we need to look at things through a new lens. A good friend can help.

I recently took some pictures of my home. Those pictures gave me a new perspective on my environment. I became aware of simple changes that would produce a more productive environment.

A productive environment extends beyond physical surroundings. What about your brain? Studies have shown the negative effects of stress on our bodies and our minds. Have you considered how important a positive mental attitude is to getting things done?

If you're stuck in a rut, take a minute to look at things through a new lens...

1 comment: